Adding new people to your team, organization, and even onboarding new clients can sometimes be an awkward process. Even more so, if you are meeting on video for the first time.
Using fun icebreakers will allow for meeting participants to get to know each other and feel more comfortable participating more quickly. In this post, we provide you with a few video meeting icebreakers to try in your next online meeting.
Why Break The Ice?
Not only does breaking the ice in a meeting make getting to know each other a little easier and with a fun twist, but it allows people to be authentic with one another. Being authentic with each other for that moment will bring a sense of comfort to the conversation early on.
Doing this at the beginning of an onboarding meeting with a new customer can be a good way to build faster relationships over video conferencing. It also takes the edge off if using the technology for the first time. Using online meeting software can be intimidating to some users, so "breaking the ice" lets them loosen up at the start of the video call.
Start by saying your name and the role you play within the company or team before answering your "icebreaker" question. We've put together a list of questions you can use as a guide. If you have something fun you like to ask as an icebreaker for meeting new business contacts, tell us in the comment section below!
Icebreaker meetings are just one way to build a better corporate culture with video conferencing applications in your organization.
Fun Video Meeting Icebreaker Questions
- If you could have a superhero power for one day, what would it be?
- Where was your last vacation? Or if you could vacation anywhere, where would it be and why?
- What is a talent or hobby of yours?
- Use a word that begins with the same letter as your first name to describe yourself and why?
- Who would play you in a movie of your life story and why?
Team Building Video Meeting Icebreaker Questions
- What part of your current job/role do you love the most and why?
- Where would you like to see yourself at this company in five years?
- If you could do one role or job outside of your typical responsibilities for a day what would it be?
Try these in your next client onboarding meeting, new remote hire introduction, or team meeting using video conferencing.
For even more video meeting icebreaker questions, speak to our customer service team at CeeLab.